Now that I’ve got my personal projects (blog, book, etc.) up and running again, I thought it would be a good idea to set bi-monthly goals for myself. I think these will keep me from getting stuck in a rut or choosing to do other, time wasting things (I’m looking at you, YouTube) that stagnate the work I want to do. I want to post these here to create a little accountability for myself. It’s almost like if I tell the world what I want to do I will be more likely to make it happen.
I’m not saying I’ll meet all of these goals. I may add some as I go on. I’m going to try to stay on top of all of these throughout the months of April and May.
- Write 60,000 words of my novel. I’m hoping this will mean the book will be finished by the end of May. Books can take years to write, but I don’t want mine to fall to the wayside because I feel like I have all the time in the world. I want to light a fire under my ass and get it written asap because that’s not even the hard part. The hard part comes after, in the hot and fiery pits of editing and revising hell.
- In May, I want to keep up my writing after Camp NaNo, so my plan is to continue writing at least 500 words a day in any project. That could be a short story, free writing, this blog, writing exercises, etc. This is part of establishing a daily writing habit, which I think is really important for any writer.
- Of course, my goal in April is to win Camp NaNo. It will actually be my first NaNo win, so I’m determined. I’ve also promised myself a shirt if I win. I don’t buy myself clothes very often so this is a special treat.
- Read 5 books. This is going to be a bit of a challenge with NaNo looming overhead, sucking up all my spare time. I’m hoping to maybe get 1-2 books read during April and the rest in May.
- I also want to have Zelda: Breath of the Wild beat at the end of May. When it first came out I was playing like 6 hours a day. I’ve slowed down a lot since I started working on my book and blog, but I set this goal so it doesn’t take me ages to beat. I really love playing it, so I’m hoping this goal will encourage me to carve out some time for playing.
- I’m going on a no buy. That means for the next two months, I’m not buying anything I don’t need. That definitely includes books, makeup, stuff from the thrift store, etc. If I have something like it, something that can do the same thing, or I just want to buy it because it’s on sale, the answer is no. Not doing it.
- We are planning to start a vegetable garden in the backyard this year, so I need to do a lot of work to get that started. We need to get our compost going, get our beds done, our seeds ordered, etc.
- My last goal is to post blogs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This is going to be pretty difficult while Camp NaNo is in full swing, so I’m trying to prewrite about 12 blogs before April starts. I’ve been writing several blogs a day and working really hard to make sure I meet this goal in particular.
So those are my goals for April and May. Let me know if you have any goals you’re working on this month!
Cheeto’s goals this month are to sleep as much as possible: